6 B words for kids-- Learn English through pictures
|6 B words for kids-- Learn English through pictures|
Learn six English words that start with B for kids. Each word has its own definition below:
the definitions are taken from https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/
a hollow metal object, often like a cup in shape, that makes a ringing sound when hit by a small piece of metal inside it; the sound that it makes
- A peal of church bells rang out in the distance.
- a bicycle bell
- His voice came down the line as clear as a bell.
[countable] (especially North American English) any small insect
- There's a bug crawling up your arm.
a round object used for throwing, hitting or kicking in games and sports
- a golf/tennis/bowling/soccer ball
- to hit/throw/kick/catch a ball
- He kicked the ball into the net
[countable] a male child or a young male person
- a little/small/young boy
- I used to play here as a boy.
- The older boys at school used to tease him.
[countable] a set of printed pages that are fastened inside a cover so that you can turn them and read them
- His desk was covered with piles of books.
- hardback/paperback books
- a book of short stories
[countable](especially in compounds)a container made of wood, thick card, metal, etc. with a flat stiff base and sides and often a lid (= cover), used especially for holding solid things
- in a box Everything we owned was neatly packed in cardboard boxes.
- She kept all the letters in a box.
- inside a box Do you know what is inside the box?