|Ana 2020 with English subtitles and vocabulary to learn by Mr.Zaki Badr|
Learn new English vocabulary with a new movie Ana 2020 made by Mr.Zaki Badr, enjoy the movie, and share the topic with your fellow learners
Today you are going to learn these vocabulary and English phrases:
- Stare (v.)
- Dumb (adj.) = stupid or silent
- Pond (n.) : an area of water smaller than a lake
- Thanks a bunch= Thank a lot
- Blowhole (n.) : a hole in a large area
- Blow up (phrasal verb)
- End up (phrasal verb)
- Cripple (v.)
- Lagoon (n.) a lake of salt water that is separated from the sea by a reef or an area of rock or sand
- Drag (v.) (pull)
- Tangle (v.)
- Drown (v.) : to (cause to) die by being unable to breathe underwater:
- God took pity on him = to feel sorry for someone, and to do something that shows this
- Humble (adj.)
- Honest (adj.) : never lies
- Blow someone out of (phrasal verb) get him out of , move his body out of the lagoon
- Cured (v.) : no longer ill or sick
to look at somebody/something for a long time
I screamed and everyone stared.
stare at somebody/something I stared blankly at the paper in front of me.
He sat staring into space (= looking at nothing).
Blow up (phrasal verb)
to explode; to be destroyed by an explosion
The bomb blew up.
to start suddenly and with force
A storm was blowing up.
blow up (at somebody) SYNONYM lose your temper
(informal) to get angry with somebody
I'm sorry I blew up at you.
end up phrasal verb
to find yourself in a place or situation at the end of a process or period of time
end up doing something I ended up doing all the work myself.
+ adv./prep. If you go on like this,you'll end up in prison.
We moved around a lot when I was young but we ended up in London.
+ adj. If he carries on driving like that, he'll end up dead.
Cripple (v.) SYNONYM disable
[usually passive] to damage somebody’s body so that they are no longer able to walk or move normally
be crippled (by something) He was crippled by polio as a child.
be crippled with something She's eighty and crippled with arthritis.
a serious infectious disease that can cause permanent paralysis (= being unable to move the body
a serious condition in which a person's joints (= the places where two bones are connected) become painful, swollen, and stiff
The rope got tangled in his leg.
not proud or not believing that you are important:
He's very humble about his success.
poor or of a low social rank:
Even when she became rich and famous, she never forgot her humble background.
ordinary; not special or very important:
At that time she was just a humble mechanic.