|Interrogative Pronouns: What, Who, Whom, Whose, Which, When, Where, Why, and How exercise with answers|
Interrogative pronouns are important for forming questions. They allow us to ask for specific information by replacing the noun that is unknown. Using interrogative pronouns makes questions clearer and more concise. Without them, questions would be vague and awkwardly worded. Interrogative pronouns give questions specificity and structure. They enable effective communication by helping us ask for the details we want to know.
A fill-in-the-gap quiz on interrogative pronouns with multiple-choice options:
1. What is the interrogative pronoun in the following sentence: "______ are you going to the party with?"
2. Choose the correct interrogative pronoun to complete the sentence: "______ book is this?"
3. Which interrogative pronoun is used to ask about a specific place or location?
4. Complete the question with the appropriate interrogative pronoun: "______ did you see at the park yesterday?"
5. Select the interrogative pronoun that can be used to ask about time or duration:
6. What is the interrogative pronoun in the sentence: "To ______ should I address this letter?"
7. Which interrogative pronoun is used to inquire about reasons or causes?
8. Complete the question with the appropriate interrogative pronoun: "______ is the capital of France?"
9. What is the interrogative pronoun in the sentence: "______ did you go with us to the concert?"
10. Choose the correct interrogative pronoun to complete the sentence: "______ do you think will win the race?"